Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Why cutting out the crap helps you lose weight

I lost some weight fairly easily the past few months. The change was cutting out a ton of crap. Fried foods, candy and beer. It wasn't as hard I expected it would be. It's cold now and I'm cold all the time so I'm not really craving a beer anyway.

My wife is doing a little presentation for our son's kindergarten class about what's inside foods. She works in a food analysis laboratory and has access to the national nutrient database. She measured out the sugar and fat that is in some different food items.

P1010026

Sugar
From left to right:
1 piece of wheat bread: 2g
1 serving Kix cereal: 3g
1 tiny piece of chocolate: 7g
1 serving of Honey Smacks ceral 17g

Interstingly enought the serving of Kix has 25total grams of carbs and the Honey Smacks has 27g of carb.
P1010027

Fat
From left to right:
1/3 of a bag of popcorn: 3g
1 small piece of chocolate: 6g
5 piece chicken nuggets: 17g
1 small fries: 23g

It was surprising to me to be able to drop weight so easily while at the same time struggling a lot to actually eat enough. Now I know why

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home