Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Throwing in the towel and door threshold training

Yesterday I was doing sprints on the trainer in the morning. I'd been super congested all night and took an antihistamine around 3am. Got up at 7, got the kids breakfast, got my coffee and then tried my sprints.

I was so dizzy by the second set that I thought I was going to fall off the bike. That was that. On the bright side, my first sprint peaked out at a higher power than the previous session.

Now today calls for some easy riding. It's 45 degrees and raining hard. Hopefully it will taper down a little by afternoon. But I just have to get out the door and on the bike. I'll be spending a fair amount of time doing intervals in later weeks, and don't want to burn my limited tolerance for the trainer on easy rides. Mags does it in way worse conditions for 5x as long.

I can do this.

Come on sucka


Check out these top30 facts on Mr.T Christian Leask's site.

My favorites are:
There are only four horsemen of the apocalypse, because Mr. T is going to walk.

Mr. T's edition of the VH1 show 'Where Are They Now' was the shortest in the show's history. It was 10 seconds long, and consisted of a black screen with the words "Right Behind You" written on it.

Mr. T was fired from the Psychic Friends Network for always predicting pain.

Despite popular belief, if there is a fool in the woods, and nobody is around to hear his jibba jabba, Mr. T is still able to pity him.

*edit 2:30 sun came out, 50+ degrees. Imagine how disappointed I was.

1 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, Anonymous puertas metalicas cortafuegos said...

Thanks for the post, pretty helpful data.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home