Monday, September 05, 2005

bonked a little

Rode the rowdy dawg course today. Not the true start to finish but I jumped on in the middle of the actual course and considered that my start/finish. Bonked towards the end. Forced myself to stay on the trail rather than take the fire road. It's good to ride the tech stuff sometimes when you are tired and not at you best so that you can know what it is like during a race.

I tried to run a conservative tempo because towards the end I knew that I would be working it. In the race I have to try and not blow it all in the first half because that course will eat you up. The key is knowing how much effort to expend so that you are riding at the best overall average speed the whole way. No clue how to gauge it though.

Oh well, ride till I cramp also works too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home