Friday, December 02, 2005

Motivated to ride in the cold

30-35 degrees, 20mph winds, windchills in mid 20s.

A lot of people ride in the cold. But I'm not or never used to be one of them. But I want to try harder to do it so that come racing season I can do the best I can.

All morning the wind was howling and I wasn't sure but I stuck to it and got out. Dressed pretty warm. Too warm sometimes as it wasn't as windy in the valley. It wasn't that bad. And now that I did it once I can do it again. But it was also sunny. Not sure about cold and wet yet.

Hardest part was eating. My Chewy granola bars turned rock hard.

15 year old Pi tights. Some Ebay Lake Winter shoes (1 size too big) Thick padded goretex gloves. Balaclava. Thick vest, windstopping jacket. Thick under armour type base layer. Jersey. Seemed to work out well.

My tights are getting holes in them though, if anyone can suggest a good set of winter tights let me know.

3 Comments:

At 9:04 PM, Blogger Keith said...

Door-threshold training. I like it!

Keith
Chainline

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger Ashwin Amanna said...

Perfect sense.

 
At 5:18 AM, Anonymous mbiencegroup said...

This won't really have success, I feel like this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home