Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Soduku

I'm not a puzzle person. Hate crossword puzzles, jumbles, math puzzles. Even my kids beat me at hangman. Didn't care for Wheel of Fortune, except to see what Vanna's new outfit would be. Mazes. I like mazes I guess.

There as a feature in yesterday's paper about a new puzzle that is taking Great Britain by storm and is starting to get popular here. Soduku


I figured I'd give it a shot over breakfast and finally finished it tonight. Surprisingly I had a ton of fun with it. I checked out a website on it:
Soduku.com and it mentioned something that struck a chord as to why I liked it so much. It said that it is a puzzle that tests Applied Logic. Induction, Deduction. That is exactly how my mind works. It is also how working on bikes works. Why are my gears skipping? What is that click/creak?

I emailed the paper asking them to run it as a regular feature. They said they had no plans to. Figures. It is a lame paper anyway. What can you expect where the sports page headlines Nascar and Highschool baseball. The only time cycling gets in there is when Lance does something. They are wasting space on the crossword puzzles in my opinion, but that NASCAR can stay..Yee haw!

3 Comments:

At 12:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

we want soduku!
Give us soduku!
More! more! PLeeeeeeeeease
soduku rules

please give us free soduku
we r hungry 4 soduku

we are addicted to it
its like cocaine
the only #s we know iz the soduku board

 
At 8:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1 to 9, how much easier than that? I started out doing it wrong, I'd have two numbers of the same in each section, harder that way, really. When I find that I have two of the same numbers in a section, I know I've already messed up, so that's made it easier for me to figure out. I like to deduct and use logic. Numbers not letters. Bring it on!

 
At 3:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this new puzzle, it really is fun and frustrating sometimes. But makes you think its great.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home